droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com

5 posters

Go down

Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com Empty Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com

Post  darth_sidious Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

James wrote:Looks like we will soon all be able to watch high quality, non grainy episodes of Droids and Ewoks on starwars.com! Here's the news from the force.net: TheForce.Net - Latest News - CVI: The StarWars.com And Beyond Panel:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/CVI_The_StarWarscom_And_Beyond_Panel_147657.asp

Here's another source that's saying that they will be digitally remastered:

http://blogs.evtrib.com/nerdvana/events/star-wars-celebration-vi-first-day-down/79015/

Having these available on starwars.com is something that I suggested to Pete Vilmur a few years ago when I was asked to contribute to the starwars.com article on the 25th anniversary of Droids and Ewoks. Not saying that I really had anything to do with making this happen, but it is pretty cool to see something that I had been hoping for actually happen just the way I wanted it to!

Fantastic news. I really hope they are available for digital download as well, especially if they have no plans to release them on DVD / Blu Ray.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com Empty Re: Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com

Post  dmeluzio22 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

Very cool news! Thanks for the heads up.
dmeluzio22
dmeluzio22

Back to top Go down

Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com Empty Re: Droids & Ewoks episodes to air on StarWars.com

Post  Delmar Nori Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

The greatest news of the year! Near to Kneesaa's action figure... Wink

The only copies of Droids and Ewoks episodes running on Internet are copies ripped from the official DVDs or from VHS tapes recorded from TV broadcasting in some countries.

On October 27, 2012, Star Wars fans will have a convention on Rio de Janeiro, called JediCon. I'll show there the episode Battle for the Sunstar, from the best copy I found: a 720x480 pixels video ripped from a VHS tape. I hope Star Wars.com let us download a better copy from this episode until JediCon.
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:06 pm

I wish we knew when these are actually coming to starwars.com! R2-D2
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  thegreatheep Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

This is my first post, though I have been a big fan of the Ewoks/Droids cartoons since I was a kid & watched them on TV back in the mid-'80's.

Re: the Droids & Ewoks coming to starwars.com, this is the best SW news I've heard in years. I am one of those that have been asking for DVD releases of the shows for many years, but this is definitely the next-best thing. At this point, the only way we can watch these shows is via the sub-par, sloppy, heavily edited 2004 DVD releases, or, VHS-rips on Youtube.

To echo others, I am also curious when these shows will actually be available - hopefully no later than this Fall?! (keeps fingers crossed). Also, it's not clear from the news whether they will be available for download, or just available for viewing on the site....

thegreatheep

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

thegreatheep wrote:This is my first post, though I have been a big fan of the Ewoks/Droids cartoons since I was a kid & watched them on TV back in the mid-'80's.

Re: the Droids & Ewoks coming to starwars.com, this is the best SW news I've heard in years. I am one of those that have been asking for DVD releases of the shows for many years, but this is definitely the next-best thing. At this point, the only way we can watch these shows is via the sub-par, sloppy, heavily edited 2004 DVD releases, or, VHS-rips on Youtube.

To echo others, I am also curious when these shows will actually be available - hopefully no later than this Fall?! (keeps fingers crossed). Also, it's not clear from the news whether they will be available for download, or just available for viewing on the site....

Welcome to the site! Last year I started a campaign over on Rebelscum to poll users to see if they'd be interested in Droids & Ewoks on Blu Ray / DVD, and then I sent the results to Lucasfilm. Perhaps after they saw the interest among fans, it sparked this action. Since they are posting them online, I doubt we'll get a physical release as well, but its possible. At the least, I hope we can download them.

By the way - good username. Wink
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

It looks like they won't be coming too soon: http://mungoandfriends.blogspot.ca/

Thought I'd wake up my old blog for fun!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  thegreatheep Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

Thanks for the post, James - great blog. I like the R2-D2 & Mungo wood figures, and I appreciate the fact that there are enough fans out there of these shows to put together websites like yours and this one.

This info. re: the Droids/Ewoks cartoon is quite dissapointing. I thought that Lflm. had confirmed (at C6) that they would be providing the Droids/Ewoks cartoons on their site for download at some point in the future. However, based on the response you posted from them, this is far from definite.

In any case, hopefully Lflm. will realize there is enough fan interest for them to justify at least providing the shows on their site. It would be nice to see this, especially since there don't seem to be any plans to release the series on DVD - even though, outside of the Holiday special, these are the only SW-related TV shows that haven't been officially released on Disc (not counting the 2004 versions, for obvious reasons).

darth_sidious, Thanks for the info. I actually voted for the shows on the rebelscum.com website last year - Thanks again for putting this poll together. My username over there is ThallJoben - I thought about using that for this website, but assumed it would already be taken. Hence, thegreatheep username, to honor what was, IMHO, one of the best Droids episodes in the series.

Last edited by thegreatheep on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
thegreatheep

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Oh, ThallJoben from Rebelscum, of course I know who you are - good to have you here!

James, that news is unsettling - based on the reports from Celebration everyone made it sound like it was a sure thing. Wasnt there even a mention of it being digitally remastered for release? Seems like an odd detail to include for something like this if it isnt already in the works. Maybe LFL has been paying attention to fan sites and realizes that they can sell the episodes, rather than give them away...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:19 pm

After the mention at Celebration VI, I would urge all fans to contact Lucasfilm directly, and not only mention your desire to see a Blu Ray / DVD release, but also a desire for them to be available online, as they discussed. The more people that contact them, the better. Let them know that Droids and Ewoks fans have been patiently awaiting this release!

http://www.lucasfilm.com/inside/faq/
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thegreatheep Fri 23 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

With the recent news of Disney acquiring Lflm. & the shocking (at least IMHO) announcement of 3 (or more?!) new SW films, I hope that this will mean a resurgence of interest in the Droids & Ewoks cartoon; since Disney's bread & butter is (or was, at least) cartoons, I'm guessing that they may be interested in seeing these obscure cartoons released...

Anyway, hopefully we will at some point see both series on DVD, or at the least see them officially available for download/streaming in a high quality format (as previously announced).

Keeps fingers crossed....
thegreatheep

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

I sure hope so!
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  thegreatheep Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:09 pm

OK, Lflm./Disney, where are these Droids/Ewoks cartoons?  It was almost a year ago (at the SW Celebration last August) where it was announced these cartoons would be cleaned up/remastered & released online on the official SW website.

Hopefully at some point soon, we'll at least get some kind of official announcement on the status of these.

Unless they're waiting for the 30th anniversary of the cartoons (Fall 2015) Laughing  Though, I'm guessing at that time they'll have their hands full with the sequels...
thegreatheep

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down