Shadows of Endor paperback trade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadows of Endor paperback trade

Post  dmeluzio22 on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

I am really excited about this new 80 page paperback by Dark Horse. As a HUGE Return of the Jedi lover and Ewok movie lover I think it is cool that it will tie into Return of the Jedi.

Also, obviously as a big fan of the Ewok animated series I think it is cool that it will tie into that as well.

Kneesaa fans have got to be excited. Only question I have is that if it leads into RoTJ what happens to her? As far as I know she does not appear in Jedi at all right?

RoTJ 30th Anniversary, recent increase in Ewok action figures, and now this... great time to be a Star Wars fan.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadows of Endor paperback trade

Post  dmeluzio22 on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

Plus I forgot about the new animated series focused on the formation of the Rebellion.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:24 am

I'm looking forward to it as well. Kneesaa didn't appear in ROTJ, but I read that she eventually married Wicket and became Chief of the village.

Love the cover art as well:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/22-283/Star-Wars-Ewoks-Shadows-of-Endor-TPB
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

Perhaps George Lucas didn't think about Kneesaa on ROTJ. Today we can imagine she was forbidden to join the battle of ROTJ against the imperial legion. The imperials were too dangerous. Darth Vader himself killed some Ewoks near the Death Star II shield generator, some time before ROTJ.

Perhaps Kneesaa could stay taking care of the Bright Tree Village while the warriors was fighting against the imperial legion.

About this new release... Wow! Nice work! That young Ewoks of cartoon series grew up. Teebo resembles himself on ROTJ. Kneesaa stayed too much cute, even after her childhood. Her forehead gem is changed. And Kneesaa is armed with a knife, as her action figure. We can imagine Kneesaa receiving fighting lessons from her own family (sister and father). Or not?
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm

A new version of the cover art, by his artist Zack Giallongo, without logos "Star Wars" and "Ewoks" on the top and "Shadows of Endor" hiding Kneesaa and Wicket's feet:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637308679612728&set=a.411514632192135.101974.207926652550935&type=1

Without Star Wars logo, we can see clearly the Death Star II.
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:14 am

WOW! Amazing artwork! I'm so curious as to how the story will unfold. Like how the artist will portray the Duloks, the Imperials, and The Beast! What is The Beast? Some abomination the Ewoks fought long ago? One of Morag's dark servants? Who knows! I'm also so curious as to how this story will lead into Return of The Jedi. I can imagine a very grave, very serious Chief Chirpa growling out on the final panel "We will go to war to defend our home!"
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 6:07 pm

NEWS: An interview with Zack Giallongo, including some new images from this novel.

CAUTION: Some spoilers are available.

http://www.newsarama.com/18619-from-a-galaxy-far-away-6-yub-nub-ewoks-get-own-star-wars-comic-series.html
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:42 pm

Really fascinating! A great article and interview. Obviously this comic is a true labor of love from one Ewok fan to us all. I too used to go into the woods near my home and use a stick as a "spear" while pretending I was Wicket. Lol. The artwork looks so great, and I love the colors he's using. Also the Dulok! And Kneesaa taking charge. That's awesome! Glad Weechee and Widdle and Romba and Lumat will feature as well. The future looks so cool for this story. I wonder if this will see a resurgence of Ewoks and even Droids comics? We can only hope!
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 on Wed 21 Aug 2013, 6:07 pm

Did I read it correct??? Charal the nightsister from Battle for Endor will be featured also? As a big fan of the Ewok movies that is great news for me.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

More preview and more SPOILERS here:

http://www.laespadaenlatinta.com/2013/09/novedades-star-wars-ewoks-dark-horse.html

This magazine is writen in spanish, but shows more new original pages from the upcoming Ewoks novel Shadows of Endor.

Kneesaa becoming more and more bold! Teebo knows! Laughing

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more space for smile icon)
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 5:45 pm

FYI... it is out now! Just picked up my copy from the local comic book store. Will read it tonight and post comments. Just flipping through it I am excited. Looks great.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm

Today, my online store send my copy by UPS Worldwide Express. Go, UPS, go! Like a Teek! Wink

Here some reviews:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48364 (here some cool images and profiles for Chirpa, Kneesaa, Latara, Logray, Paploo, Teebo and Wicket)

http://www.examiner.com/article/star-wars-ewoks-shadows-of-endor-is-making-the-ewoks-cool-again

http://comixcorner.com/Star-Wars-Ewoks-Shadows-of-Endor-Review

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=13730

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/16999

http://tosche-station.net/review-star-wars-ewoks-shadows-endor

http://www.fanboycomics.net/index.php/blogs/simply-jack/item/2885

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Interting more one rewiew link)
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 3:38 am

Looks like it's receiving very favorable reviews so far! Even by the one blog critic who supposedly hates Ewoks. He says it's a surprisingly enjoyable read! Folks seem to think it lines up the Ewoks cartoon series with the events in the films and Return of the Jedi. I'm buying my copy this weekend, and I'll also do a review from the point of view of some one who grew up with Ewoks and has loved them since 1983. Side note, I love the look of the characters! Especially Chief Chirpa! Grrrrrr! Look how fierce he looks! Jumping Ewok Ewok green 
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:13 am

Just in case I won't mention who... but there is another character in the book that I was very excited to see that I did not know about ahead of time. He has a small part but the fact he is in there is cool IMO. Maybe some of you knew he was in it but I did not. I will wait to talk about him until more of you get a chance to read it.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Sun 13 Oct 2013, 9:11 pm

Roqoo Depot's review and more SPOILERS here:

http://roqoodepot.com/comic-reviews/ewoks-shadows-of-endor
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:15 am

Woo-Hoo! At long last my copy of Shadows of Endor arrived today at my local comic book store! I must confess to certain misgivings as to whether it would arrive at all. I went in almost 3 weeks ago and ordered it from my local shop, being told it would arrive in two weeks. Okay, no problem. Except...As I checked back in last week, the guys working there (who have seen me and spoken to me on numerous occasions) did not seem to recall my name. No, they weren't kidding. They seriously forgot who I am, and I frequent their store a LOT. Okay, still no problem. Accidents happen, ja? So I tell them who I am, and inquire about my order, Ewoks: The Shadows of Endor,...only to be told they have no clue if it's coming or where it is or what it is or whatever. Hm. So I sigh in patience, smile, tell them I'll check back later, and go home. These guys mess up orders a lot. I ordered some minis twice and they never arrived. The clerks act like they have no clue. So I'm doubting. But then my friend and I stopped in tonight. The clerk asked me my name, I told him, told him my order title, and BAM! He smiles real big and says "Yup! It arrived TODAY!" Woo-hoo! So I'm going this afternoon to buy it, take it home and read it! Can not wait! Happy Ewok Jumping Ewok Ewok green also, comic store clerk nerds= redeemed in my views.
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 7:56 am

Great. I am excited to hear what you think.

I re-read it again the other night. The more I think about it the more I REALLY loved it. The way it ties together different SW shows/movies/comics and includes lots of my favorite characters... it is good stuff. Won't say to much so as not to spoil it for you but can't wait till you read it.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:30 am

Okay. What follows is my review for Ewoks: Shadows of Endor. I read the entire story several times today. My personal love of all things Ewok aside, this one shot graphic novel digest is a very well executed book. The art, by Zack Giallongo, is fantastic. The story is well told, and ties in well in the Star Wars universe, merging smoothly into Return of the Jedi. The characters are well defined, and the antagonists are likewise engaging. In particular, I liked the appearance of Charal the Nightsister from the Ewok movie, Battle for Endor. The main cast were the same young Ewoks we're all well aquainted with, Wicket, Kneesaa, Paploo, Latara and Teebo, but with new appearances and development. For example, Teebo is modelled more to his look and manner in Jedi, while Paploo is now, apparently, Logray's apprentice. Kneesaa looks a little older, more mature, while Chief Chirpa is very, very, gruff! The dulok, Agluk, is a fun, conniving, and whiny beast, but sadly, he's wounded. I really felt sorry for the poor duloks in this story. You can sense their fear and pain in the way Giallongo draws them. Poor creatures. The color, by Brian Lamb, is great, very lush with light and deep shadows, which heighten the overall story. The story is serious, showing the frightening events the arrival of the Imperials unleashed on the denizens of Endor, and the ending is nice, leading directly into the Ewoks involvement in
Jedi. Overall I give this graphic novel digest a solid 5 out of 5 Ewoks! Zack Giallongo has given Ewok and Star Wars fans a very nice story. Retail price is $7.99.Jumping Ewok Jumping Ewok Jumping Ewok Jumping Ewok Jumping Ewok Also CHUKHA-TROK is in it!!
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delmar Nori on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:58 pm

I bought an edition in e-book. Perhaps I'll buy a printed edition today.

What can I say? This is an issue that's over my expectations.

Possible spoilers here:

Zack Giallongo himself told me implied so via social networks that the five protagonists appears more older, in teen versions, not as children. Except Teebo, now closer to an adult Ewok. Teebo is wild, attacking enemies with his ax. Wicket is the familiar brave warrior known since ROTJ. Paploo was well repositioned as the new Logray's apprentice, a duty which Teebo in the TV series. Chirpa is ruder than ever, but no realizes Kneesaa is adopting leading procedures wiser and bolder than his. Speaking about the girls, oh boy! Kneesaa and her friend Latara became brave warriors, too. Her Highness is all ready to be chief of the tribe. Takes wise and corageous decisions, attacks stormtroopers with knife, speaks with wisties (only Logray and Teebo did this on the past) and, in time to manage the Sunstar, Kneesaa is remembered by Logray for her talents with magic developed way back in history Return of the Great One!. Latara is not intimidated by her still small body. Faces stormtroopers with knife and wields their blasters! We see Latara and Teebo really passionate and closer, more after the scene of the final confrontation against Griagh and imperials. Wicket and Kneesaa stays always together, except during Agluk interrogation by Chirpa, which Kneesaa is the only present young Ewok, and in the final scene where Wicket finds Leia, transplanted from ROTJ scene.

I believe that this forum has no image from this story. Here I have a wonderful one:

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing words)
Delmar Nori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious on Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:58 pm

Finally got around to reading this - what a fantastic little comic. I love the story and the art. I also like the connection to the Ewok tv movies and ROTJ. It was cool to see Charal make an appearance. After reading this, I'd like a Latara figure more than ever - and Chukha-Trok too. It would also be cool to see Hasbro's attempt at a realistic Dulok.
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dmeluzio22 on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:59 pm

It is funny, despite being a HUGE Ewok fan and Droids fan I was never really a Dulok lover.... until now. Once I read the Shadows of Endor and saw the "realistic" looking Duloks they grew on me.

I totally agree. A Dulok action figure would be cool. Plus, Chukha-Trok is still a must.

I also agree that I liked seeing an Ewok movie character (Charal) being used. Cool stuff. Hope there is more in the pipeline.
dmeluzio22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok Poet on Tue 27 May 2014, 5:14 pm

Love, love it. Smile

The first panel and all the random boyfriend/girlfriend stuff throughout...D'AWWWW. I love you 

The horn that appears in ROTJ novel, but not the film at the end. Awesome. Smile 

Paploo hinting that he would love to ride a speeder bike. BRILLIANT. 

All these tiny references to old cartoon episodes and ROTJ are brilliant. I have not seen the two made-for-TV films, but now I'll have to.
Ewok Poet

View user profile http://iva-is.me

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top