droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for Hasbro

+2
David
James
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions for Hasbro - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for Hasbro

Post  shmashwitdaclub Wed 28 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm

true, but with the current move to the Vintage format - I am not sure if we are going to continue to see any Ewok 2 packs. I see Wicket as Hasbro testing the waters and, once they see how he does (which I have no question that he will do well), they could most definitey move to singles only.

That is why I am really hoping for a multi-pack. Not that I am looking for it to exclusively be for Ewoks from the TV movies - but a good majority, if not all of them would make me really happy. And that is why I wanted to throw some suggestions to Hasbro along the way.
shmashwitdaclub

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Wed 28 Jul 2010, 8:45 pm

Yeah, I agree. Good suggestions guys. Smile
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed 15 Sep 2010, 3:55 pm

If I'm remembering right, we have 8 more days to come up with some questions for the next round of the Q&A (don't worry, I'll check the schedule to make sure they're sent in on time). If you have any, ask away! In the meantime, here's a couple that I've been thinking of:

1) As a fan of Droids and Ewoks, I'm wondering if the Hasbro team checked out the articles about the 25th anniversary of these two TV series at starwars.com (check one of them out here: starwars.com article) or if perhaps you have taken a special interest in the "Droids or Ewoks toy you wished had been produced" part of the article? There are some great hints in that article as to what fans are still hoping for. Come on, give us some encouraging words!

2) It's been a long time since we've had a new EV-9D9, 8-D8 or an Original Trilogy 2-1B. Are new figures of these droids anywhere on your radar? The ROTS 2-1B figure from a few years ago is nice, but we still need a droid that looks like the one from The Empire Strikes Back.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Wed 29 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

Dear Hasbro, based on the season 3 trailer, it appears that the Blurrg beasts will see more action in the Clone Wars series, can you produce a toy based on these creatures for the deluxe line? The deluxe line is almost entirely made up of small vehicles, when collectors and kids alike would also enjoy seeing small beasts, it helps make the line more diverse and keeps us interested.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 30 Sep 2010, 3:21 am

Dear Hasbro,
Thank you for the new Wicket with his animated hood and pouch. Could you tell us what other Ewoks, if any, will be coming in 2011? Will they be all new Ewoks?
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu 30 Sep 2010, 6:37 pm

Good questions guys, keep them coming! One thing that I have been wondering is that since now LFL has given Hasbro the go ahead to make realistic style Clone Wars figures, I'm wondering if their stance is still "animated only" for Droids and Ewoks figures. I'm guessing if I asked Hasbro about this, they would probably say no even if something had changed and deny the whole Clone Wars story as well, so it's probably not worth asking.
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 02 Oct 2010, 9:52 pm

James wrote:Good questions guys, keep them coming! One thing that I have been wondering is that since now LFL has given Hasbro the go ahead to make realistic style Clone Wars figures, I'm wondering if their stance is still "animated only" for Droids and Ewoks figures. I'm guessing if I asked Hasbro about this, they would probably say no even if something had changed and deny the whole Clone Wars story as well, so it's probably not worth asking.

I'd say its worth asking, just to see how they respond, but I'm guessing they'll dish out another excuse. Since this is primarily a Droids & Ewoks site, one of the two questions should always be related to the cartoons, ewok movies, or one of the respective characters. Wink
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu 28 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

I just sent in the following questions today for the next, and last, Q&A round of 2010. The answers are due back November 15. Hope we hear some positive news!

1) Based on the season 3 trailer, it appears that the Blurrg beasts will see more action in the Clone Wars series. Can you produce a toy based on these creatures for the deluxe line? The deluxe line is almost entirely made up of small vehicles, when collectors and kids alike would also enjoy seeing small beasts, it helps make the line more diverse and keeps us interested.

2) Thank you for the new Wicket with his animated hood and pouch. Could you tell us what other Ewoks, if any, will be coming in 2011? Will they be all new Ewoks?
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Mon 01 Nov 2010, 3:45 pm

Dear Hasbro, in a previous Q&A session with another site, you said that you dont have any plans for other figures similar to Wicket, sporting both a realistic and animated hood. It was my understanding when you hinted about a future release for Princess Kneesaa, that she would likely come with the same. Since your 2011 lineup in probably 'in the bag', and you are working on 2012 - can you give us any details about the release of Kneesaa?
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 04 Dec 2010, 1:11 am

When the Q&A restarts next year, if you ask a Kneesaa question, perhaps you can ask about the 2012 line, since we know Logray is the only basic ewok for 2011. I think bringing up her grappling hook will help her appear to be more of an 'action oriented' figure like Hasbro enjoys talking about, and it would make for a nice accessory. You could also mention how a repaint of the wokling accessory would be a nice addition!
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sun 05 Dec 2010, 12:02 am

Sure, that sounds like a good question. I would be interested to know what they had to say about the grappling hook. Are there any other scene specific items that the people here think would be a good choice to include with Kneesaa? I would love to see Baga the Bordok included, but he may be too pricey for Hasbro to pull off. They did it with Yoda and the Kybuck though, so you never know. Another option for an accessory could be the droid from the episode Battle For The Sunstar, PD-28
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sun 05 Dec 2010, 1:29 pm

James, those are both good ideas, I'd love to see Baga or PD-28, the only problem is that they would both be an added figure to sculpt, and Hasbro said there wouldnt be any 2-packs in the vintage line as I recall. I think Baga could have a real chance of doing well in an ewok multipack though - beasts are often something that Hasbro overlooks...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Wed 16 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm

Is the Q&A coming back for 2011? I'd like to know more about the fate of Kneesaa and the Ewok multipack.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 17 Feb 2011, 4:33 am

I agree! Hasbro admits that they've done it, but we only get Logray this year. not that I'm complaining about that, Logray looks good! But what about Kneesaa and C-Trok? Are they forever doomed to be homeless? Will no retailer pick up the Ewok multipack? Sad
Also, what about Droid figures? we have such great customizers on this forum, can't Hasbro see the market Droids figures would be?
WE MUST ASK!!!
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:20 pm

Good questions! I sent a message to Hasbro's PR firm last week about the Q&A but still haven't heard anything back from them. After looking around at other sites, it looks like we're not alone in wondering what's going on with the Q&A schedule.
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 17 Feb 2011, 8:29 pm

James wrote:Good questions! I sent a message to Hasbro's PR firm last week about the Q&A but still haven't heard anything back from them. After looking around at other sites, it looks like we're not alone in wondering what's going on with the Q&A schedule.

It looks like Yakface got an answer out of DePriest, he said it will return in the spring, no specific date though...
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Tue 26 Apr 2011, 1:39 pm

Hey everyone!

So Sir Steves has reported that the Hasbro Q&A is back, but the deadline for questions is this week. Any hard hitting Droids or Ewoks questions? We could ask them about Kneesaa and Chukha-Trok or whether the "exclusive" Ewok set has been picked up yet. Or we could ask about Lumat. What say you all?
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

Hi guys. I just got home today and found a different message from Hasbro in my inbox. Unfortunately they seem to be cutting back on the number of sites that will be participating in the Q&A. Sadly, we did not make the cut. It's too bad that it didn't work out for us this year, but the decision was out of our hands. Still, I am very thankful that we did get one good year though and appreciate Hasbro's willingness to accept our questions. So moving forward, search out the sites that are still involved in the Q&A, and ask away. I don't know which other sites survived the cut and which didn't, but if this year is anything like last year, there are some sites that receive loads of questions each round and others that have trouble even coming up with two. There are probably still avenues out there that you can use to get your Droids or Ewoks questions heard.
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Tue 26 Apr 2011, 9:29 pm

What a shame, I wish this site was more active, thats the reason it was cut - but I'm glad we have a nice group of Droids & Ewoks lovers here. I hope to see the site prosper even without the Q&A.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue 26 Apr 2011, 9:46 pm

I do feel bad that I have not been doing more on here lately. Since last fall I have been extremely busy with work and what free time I do have has been mostly dedicated to renovating my house and barn and trying not to spend too much time on the computer. Family and life have kind of gotten in the way, but I guess that's not a bad thing. Until now I have always run the site by myself, but I'm starting to think it may be a good idea to bring others on board to keep things rolling here. If there is any interest, please send me a PM and let me know.
James
James
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Questions for Hasbro - Page 2 Empty Kneesaa's action figure

Post  Delmar Nori Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

If someone sends questions for Hasbro, please ask about Kneesaa's action figure. The ROTJ's 30th anniversary is coming. We can't lost this choice to remember Hasbro about the Ewoks.

Last edited by Delmar Nori on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserting title)
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  David Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

It's a big bummer to hear Droids & Ewoks didn't make the cut. Sad But this is an awesome site, and I'm sure it'll keep doing very well. I don't know of any other great Droids & Ewoks themed fan sites out there.

Echo Base News is one of those sites mentioned above that sometimes has trouble coming up with two unique questions and we'd be very happy to receive your Droids & Ewoks themed questions, so send them if you've got em and we'll try to get them answered once in a while!
David
David

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:36 pm

Delmar Nori wrote:If someone sends questions for Hasbro, please ask about Kneesaa's action figure. The ROTJ's 30th anniversary is coming. We can't lost this choice to remember Hasbro about the Ewoks.

I agree, the future of Kneesaa and the Ewok multipack or the figures contained in it should be an issue we press with Hasbro this year - we really have to get Kneesaa and the other Ewoks released!
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2