An Ewoks paper and dice RPG?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Ewoks paper and dice RPG?

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Mon 02 Aug 2010, 4:33 am

I was just going through my Ewoks picture files on my computer and remembering the animated series and all the stories, particuarly "The Adventures of Teebo", by Joe Johnston, and I had a thought: What if there were an Endor paper and dice RPG, set in the Star Wars universe with Ewoks and other Endorians as playable chracters... set ONLY in Ewok Adventures?
For anyone familiar with Dungeons and Dragons or Rifts, Gurps, or Battletech, or even the original Star Wars RPG, I thought that might make a cool game. Imagine, you could have Ewok pc's, with the stats of dwarves or halflings, but with added Ewok bonuses and attributes. Classes could include scout, warrior, loner, shaman, apprentice, mystic, ranger, lumberjack...They'd get extra bonuses for tracking, smelling, hide. Or how cool would a badass Ewok brawler be? There could be other Endorian PC's as well, such as Duloks or Yuzzums. You could have "Castaway" PC's too, like Jindas, Tulgahs, and Teeks and Gupins. All with stats and attributes fitting for that species.
Set all this just on Endor's Forest Moon! Imagine infiltrating a Gorax lair, or fighting a band of Marauders. Going head to head with a Tulgah witch, or going on a quest to the Yawari Cliffs. Avoiding Marauders, Duloks and The Grudak. I just thought Star Wars is such a rich universe, and Endor is such a cool and eerie setting. It'd be cool. Of course you'd have to write out stats for chracters (you could base them on D&D stats!) and very different attribute and attack bonuses. Equipment for your PC's would be cool too: Dulok war club, Ewok bow and arrows, Tulgah magic bag, Gupin spells...I could finally have an Ewok character with a stone axe ala Chukha-Trok!
Maybe I'll start writing up character attributes and stats and making an adventure module. It'd be cool to just do with friends at college.
What are your thoughts on this concept? I know, I know there are already Star Wars paper and dice RPGS by Wizards and West End Games, and they have stats and Player Character sheets for Ewoks, but a whole campaign set on Endor! That's be so sweet.
Feel free to give me talkback and ideas, I'd be interested in hearing.
"Because I want a +10 Ewok battleaxe!"- Kevin.
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Ewoks paper and dice RPG?

Post  James on Mon 02 Aug 2010, 8:24 am

Hmmm... I haven't heard of any, but I'm not really up on RPG's anyway. Sounds like it would be a neat idea though!
James
Founder
Founder

View user profile http://droidsandewoks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Thu 06 Jan 2011, 11:58 pm

So, I'm doing it. My friends at college and I have long been discussing a paper and dice D20 Ewok RPG. I decided to write some adventure modules and we're going to start playing as soon as I get back to Winfield on Sunday. I set the game entirely on Endor, among the Ewoks, Duloks, Yuzzums, Tulgah's and Teeks. Player characters can choose any of those races to design their character off of. For instance, my pal John is designing his Ewok character to be an Ewok shaman, level one. He named his character Chukluka, which in Ewokese translates to starry night I think. His Ewok is a level one shaman from a ground village. He has the usual shaman array of magical pouches and bags, potions, and a staff. He is black furred with clear amber eyes and white spots in his fur, like the night sky. I think John designed him well.
I'm setting the character stats according to both the classic trilogy RPG Ewok stats and the new miniature game stats, with some stuff thrown in from sourcebooks and the original Ewoks cartoon series and movies. Basically, I'll write the adventures, and the action and storyline will be determined by the player's dice roll balanced with their plusses or negatives on their stats. Since we are all more interested in a good story and character development, I don't make things complicated as a GM. Basically, it's determined by a roll of a 20 sider. If the player rolls less than a 10, something bad happens. 10 or 11, that's iffy. could go either well or badly. Any rolls over 11 are successful. Of course, starting off, his Ewok will be a noob at all this, but I have it written to where a player can learn quickly and advance levels. I want the players to enjoy themselves.
Just because it's set entirely on Endor doesn't mean humans won't be there. For instance, to get news, players can either go to Mooths or Salfur's Trading Post. There might be stranded Imps or New Rebublic members, or hermits like Noah Birqualin. Players will encounter Duloks, Tulgah, Yuzzums, Teeks, Hanadaks, Gorax's...They'll travel the depths of the Endor Moon, from the forests, to the Canyons of Mist, the Yawarri Cliffs, the Desert of Salma, Mt. Thunderstone and the Marauder Plains and Dragon's Pelt grasslands.
I might have a very few "cameos" from famous characters such as Logray, Kaink or Wicket, but mainly it will be all new characters.
I'll let you all know how things progress, we're all very excited! Happy Ewok
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wickedflagon on Thu 05 May 2011, 5:16 pm

I'd play an Ewoks pen & paper RPG! My friends and I are currently playing 4e D&D and Hunter (by White Wolf) and will be starting Gamma World pretty soon.

If you'd be willing to spend whatever info you've created for the game, I'd be happy to read it!
wickedflagon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Sat 07 May 2011, 1:26 am

Sure! I'll send it tomorrow. We had a lot of fun with Chuk-Lukha and the duloks. I based it a lot on the Ewoks animated series and just let John explore a lot of different options. I usually GM in a way that allows the players to really develop their characters and try to tell them an interesting story. But yeah, I'll send my info.
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wickedflagon on Sat 07 May 2011, 11:26 am

When you can, will you please send the info to klebsnergon at hotmail.com. Thanks a lot!
wickedflagon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

Hey wickedflagon, i sent you an email about the paper and dice Ewoks RPG, with what i have so far, and info about the Ewok mini storybook!
- Kevin
Chukha-Trok76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top