droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ceramic Ewoks

2 posters

Go down

Ceramic Ewoks Empty Ceramic Ewoks

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Mon 09 Aug 2010, 6:05 pm

In 2000 I bought 3 ceramic Ewoks at a local game and hobby store. They were just plain white fired bisque statues of Ewoks, with a Father, Mother, and a wokling.
These are not what I call true Ewoks merchandise, because there is no copyright or trademark on them, and no Lucasfilm Ltd. with the date. also, the Ewoks have 4 fingers! I bought the set for around $10.00 as a lark, and decided to paint them. I paint fanatsy miniatures and build dioramas and models in my spare time, so the Ewoks were fun!
The "daddy" Ewok stands about 1 foot tall with a molded hood and short spear. "Momma" stands about 10 " tall with a molded satchel, and the wee "baby" wokling is very cute at only 5" short, in a typical wokling sitting pose.
I painted "Dad" a blend of grey-blues and lighter greys with a dark maroon hood. I did his eyes a reddish black and glossed them over real nice, so they look like the eyes of the Ewoks in the films. "Momma" has light tan and yellow fur with a leather colored satchel, and their wokling is painter dark grey and white.
Does anyone know or remember ever seeing these 3 ceramic Ewoks? Does anyone else have any do-it-yourself Star Wars ceramics? I know there were also ceramic do-it-yourself R2-D2 lamps and I've seen at least one similar Darth Vader ceramic bank . I'll try to get up pics of my Ewok family. Smile
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Ceramic Ewoks Empty Re: Ceramic Ewoks

Post  darth_sidious Mon 09 Aug 2010, 6:55 pm

I'd love to see them if you have a picture. If they are all unmarked, its possible that they are customs or made by an artist from a mold. I remember around the time of TPM, there were statues of characters like Obi-wan that came with a paint kit:

http://www.amazon.com/Obi-wan-Kenobi-Figure-Sculpture-Painter/dp/B002W6V4L4
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ceramic Ewoks Empty Here's the Ewoks!

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 19 Aug 2010, 12:37 am

Took these pics of my 3 ceramic Ewoks at a local park here in town. Really tried to capture that "Endor" feel. Also the Kaink figure and a handmade custom Bordok I made based on the pic in "The Wildlife of Star Wars". I'd appreciate and comments or suggestions. thanks.

Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301673
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301674
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301675
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301676
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301679
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301678
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301677
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301680
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301681
Ceramic Ewoks Th_S6301682 Happy Ewok Happy Ewok
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Thu 19 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

Great pics, that wokling sitting down has got to be my favorite, I think using the word adorable is fitting in this case, haha. Its also cool to see that you made a custom Bordok - I've always wanted to make a couple of custom Baga 'figures' but have yet to get to them. How did you go about making it?
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 19 Aug 2010, 4:18 pm

Thanks for the compliments. The wokling is adorable isn't he?
Happy Ewok As per the bordok, if you look at the pics of the bordok Terryl Witlatch drew for "The Wildlife of Star Wars", a bordok is just a glorified scaled down wildebeast! So I purchased a cheap set of African wildife figures on Ebay that has a 3" wildebeast (go ahead and snicker, "3 inch wildebeast" is funny) and went about modifying it. First I cut off the horns and re-positioned them. Bordok's horns sweep outward from just above the ears, and curve back. Wildebeast's horns curve to the side and downward. After I had the horns glued on the way I wanted them, I cut the wildebeast's hooves to make them more cloven, like a bordoks. Next I cut off the wildebeast's beard. Bordoks don't have beard, so I smoothed this over with sculpey, and whittled down the huge shaggy tail. when it was finished, i primed it in red-brown primer and painted it to look almost exactly like the bordok in Terryl Witlatch's drawing:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bordok.jpg
If you want to make one, Schleich makes a good wildebeast, and even a calf. They can be purchased on Ebay.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down