droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gyah! Scalpers!

3 posters

Go down

Gyah! Scalpers!  Empty Gyah! Scalpers!

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:53 am

This is just a heads up. We all like collecting (and playing with) and displaying our Star Wars action figures, Ewoks, Droids, and other figures. I just started my "Hobbit" collection myself, a week back. BUT...right now on Rebelscum and other collecting forums, there is a big debate over toy "scalpers," individuals who buy retail and then sell on the secondary market.
Now there's nothing too wrong about this, per se, the main issue lies with the fact that these scalpers won't just buy one or two of an item to sell on their overpriced webstore. No, they will buy the entire wave or shipment, leaving none for anyone else! This hurts everyone, from serious adult collectors, to little kids, who don't care about secondary market value; they just want them because they're neat-o toys!
I'm sure it happens with all figure lines, but it seems the harder to find TRU Ewok packs and the K-Mart Ewok Scouts 2-pack, the exclusives, are what's come under fire from scalpers this past week or so. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't support or buy from scalpers if at all possible. There's not much more we can do, they have the same basic right to buy whatever they want if they have the means to indulge, but then something like this occurs:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1038301-166/
Fifth post down. This is really sad and pathetic. We all of us, from the little kids to the bigger nerds get into this hobby because it's FUN! And scalpers take the fun out of it. Mad
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Gyah! Scalpers!  Empty Re: Gyah! Scalpers!

Post  James Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:45 am

I agree. With figures already being hard to find and retail prices being high to begin with, scalping only makes a difficult situation worse.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  EwokWizard Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:05 am

I guess the opposite side of this is the Chinese overstock stores on ebay some of you may have seen. They have some truly great figures for good prices if you are willing to wait like two months to get the item. A lot of times they don't come with accessories but sometimes that doesn't matter, like stormtroopers or rebel pilots.
EwokWizard
EwokWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum