droidsandewoks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks!

5 posters

Go down

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Empty A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks!

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Mon 16 Aug 2010, 2:41 pm

I saw this little interview on sirstevesguide.com, a Star Wars collectors site. Mr.JabbaJohnL had an interview and discussion with the Hasbro reps at the Star Wars Celebration. check it out! Kneesaa news and hopefully new Ewoks!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=733618#post733618
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Empty Re: A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks!

Post  James Mon 16 Aug 2010, 3:58 pm

Thanks for the link!
I do not like Lucasfilm's wishy washy stance on this figure. So first they say Kneesaa can be a realistic sculpt based on the cartoon and then they say she can't? Why on earth not? Why oh why did they change their minds! What would be so wrong about making a realistic figure based on the cartoon character? I'm not really liking the whole idea of them then saying some background Ewok from ROTJ can be Kneesaa. Sure, it might get a Kneesaa figure out there someday, but aside from the plush doll, Kneesaa has only appeared in animated form, therefore the animated character is what the figure should be based on. It's like going to make an Ahsoka figure but basing the likeness on some background character from the movies instead of the real Ahsoka from the Clone Wars. When the figure does eventually get released I will be happy to see it, but really, Lucasfilm's stand just doesn't make sense to me.
James
James
Founder
Founder

https://droidsandewoks.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Empty Re: A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks!

Post  darth_sidious Mon 16 Aug 2010, 4:45 pm

It seems to me that when Kneesaa gets released, she'll be sporting a hood from a ROTJ Ewok but she'll come with the cartoon hood as an accessory - like Wicket. That sounds like a good compromise to me - they should release her ASAP while fan interest remains very high.

As for them breaking up the Ewok multipacks - it doesnt sound promising because some of them may not be released now. I'm just hoping Chukha Trok and a new Kaink are among the Ewoks that we see carded from the made-for-tv movies, seeing as they are the most interesting and they also appeared in the cartoon.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Mon 16 Aug 2010, 9:50 pm

I know. Well, if Wicket sells well, maybe these others will be bumped up to appear sooner than expected. I also do not like them breaking up the multi-pack sets. As for Kneesaa, why make her some random background Ewok from ROTJ? I wonder which one? That just doesn't make sense. She's only appeared in animated form in the cartoon, comics, and storybooks. But I bet they'll release her with an extra "cartoon" hood, and maybe a basket and wokling or Baga as accessories. As for the forthcoming Ewoks, They'll might be Chukha-Trok and Kaink. If you recall, C-Trok has potentially three accessories: His hood, breastplate with jawbone necklace, and his axe. Kaink could be re-tooled and come with her hood and cloak and staff.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Mon 23 Aug 2010, 10:21 pm

Maybe they are going to retcon Kneesaa into ROTJ? I'm sure there are ROTJ Ewoks without names, so I guess LFL and Hasbro have the power to do that - they certainly have in the past. I just want to make sure Kneesaa is released, so long as her animated accessories are included. Wink
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sat 04 Dec 2010, 12:54 am

In the most recent Hasbro Q&A for November, Hasbro said Kneesaa still doesnt have a 'home' in the line, I wonder what the delay is, and whether she'll be in the basic line someday or in some type of Ewok multipack...? I say we push to have her in the 2012 lineup packed with a woking!
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Tue 07 Dec 2010, 6:56 pm

I agree! Kneesaa in 2012!! If enough fans are rabid, she'll finally be releases.
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

Post  gitano Wed 08 Dec 2010, 3:30 am

if star wars released figures like wirow hood then they should definately make figures of her
gitano
gitano

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Sun 12 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

There is an ewok in ROTJ with a dark mauve hood and fur that is grey / white like Kneesaa, but that ewok is apparently called Nicki (which is sorta ridiculous because its the actors name). LFL could always retcon this ewok into Kneesaa and Hasbro could make a cartoon hood and a realistic hood, just like they did with Wicket...

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Nicki-ewok

darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chukha-Trok76 Sun 12 Dec 2010, 11:49 pm

We should totally suggest this to Hasbro! Send them a pic of Nicki along with the request in the next Q&A. They could easily retcon her into Kneesaa with both that realistic mauve hood and a brighter more animated looking one. Add a basket of flowers, Baga, or another wokling. Give her her grappling hook, and we've got ourselves a Kneesaa! We need to continue to press for her release and C-Trok as well. Hasbro has listened to Ewok fans lately...
Chukha-Trok76
Chukha-Trok76

Back to top Go down

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Empty Nicki turned to Kneesaa

Post  Delmar Nori Mon 13 Dec 2010, 6:16 pm

Only Starwars.com database have the Lucas power to make this anonymous Ewok (named Nicki) to be Kneesaa. It would convince Hasbro.
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

A fan speaks to Hasbro: More about Kneesaa and Ewoks! Empty Wookieepedia

Post  Delmar Nori Mon 13 Dec 2010, 6:17 pm

This is the Wookieepedia article about Nicki: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nicki
Delmar Nori
Delmar Nori

Back to top Go down

Post  gitano Mon 13 Dec 2010, 8:22 pm

was she also the same ewok that was with 3cpo when he was telling a story and she had some baby ewoks in a basket? sorry lol my memorie is a bit foggy
gitano
gitano

Back to top Go down

Post  darth_sidious Mon 13 Dec 2010, 11:35 pm

She also appears to be in the first ewok movie - Caravan of Courage, the last time I watched it, she was seen clearly in the scene when they depart to get Chukha-Trok and Kaink.
darth_sidious
darth_sidious
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down